The Accessories Technician is responsible for the maintenance of electro-mechanical and accessory components.
Work includes; troubleshooting, repair modification, testing and inspection of Accessory equipment. Qualified candidates will possess strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
Candidates will have minimal two years mechanical experience, soldering equipment and hand tools.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs repairs, modifications and tests in accordance with manufacturer
s instructions and repair station
s established processes.
- Troubleshoots product failures and performs necessary maintenance to return article to an operational state.
- Operates electronic test equipment as required to perform tests and troubleshooting.
- Understands and utilizes hand tools correctly to perform required maintenance of articles.
- Performs solder work in accordance with industry standards.
- Completes required documentation of all work and inspections performed.
- Communicates effectively with Supervisor and co-workers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional verbal and written communication -- Ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to use computers and typical office environment software -- Experience using standard electronic test equipment.
- Experience soldering to current standard or equivalent.
- Experience using standard hand tools.
- Previous aviation industry experience a plus.
- Previous certification as a Repairman by the FAA a plus.
Hours: 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
Benefits: Vacation, Sick/Personal Days, Medical, Dental, LTD and 401(k).
Salary commensurate with experience
AAIC is located in Freeport, NY with ample parking, close to parkways and LIRR.